Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crab Country

listen
this is not a test
warning
yesterday i went to the beach
i laid in the sand and realized
it's way too hot to play now
then i thought to myself
i will wait
and i napped
and i woke
and was surrounded by crabs
little ones
big ones
beady eyes sideways walker crabs
were they coming to get me?
i observed
until the ache in my neck went away
and my face dropped in the sand
and i was paralyzed
and the worst part was
i still didn't know
what they were after
were they coming to get me?
imobile in the sand
sideways slow
backwards crab fast!
kaKAW!
the sound of a hungry gull
FREEZE! said king crab
and the gull detected nothing
and flew away
activity again!
they move from hole to hole
and scurry back and forth
and that's when i knew
it's not me they want
this here is crab country!

No comments:

Post a Comment